Friday 10 February 2017

Field Trip To Delhi Haat

Trip to Delhi Haat

Well, before i start writing about anything, let me just introduce myself to you all. This is the first blog that i'm writing (ever) and the reason i'm doing so is because this is something that i got as an assignment in my communication studies class. Okay, so, I'm Ananya and I'm studying fashion designing in Pearl Academy, Noida. I'm in my foundation year and 'Research' is a major study that we need to do before we execute our ideas practically as complete knowledge in any field is very necessary.

So, after a short winter vacation, our 3rd module begun. In our first class, the teachers briefed us about the entire module and told us exactly we had to do and what the end result should be and what all things we are supposed to learn along the way.

The main thing that we were supposed to do is pick a form of art or craft from the list of all the Art, Craft and design movements. For this, our Cultural studies teacher Roopali ma'am taught us about the difference between these three movements and how important they actually are. Then she told us about the difference between an artist, craftsman and a designer. We were taught about all this so we could have an idea which topic to choose and how we will proceed with our research.


So, the first week was dedicated to choose a topic and in order for to do so, we were taken to Delhi Haat and Crafts Museum. Sadly, as i wasn't really present on those days so i had to go afterwards with my friends Mohit and Akankshika. When I went there and as I entered, I was blown away by the ambience of that place. It was like the whole India was submerged in a small little place called Delhi Haat.

There were so many new things to see there. Every stall had a different craft form to sell from a different part of India. As we got to talking to the sellers, we got to know how lengthy and tedious the process was to make one single piece of craft. Everything was so colourful and bright and it all suited the atmosphere.